X

Carb question.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb question.

I need to know what is considered the front of the carb and what is the back. I know we have stared at them many times but does anyone know what end is what? You may not think this matters but it makes a world of difference in understanding carbs.
    Last edited by Kfreak; 05-05-2010, 04:52 PM.

I would call the carbs as I would anything on the bike, front towards the front of the bike, rear to the rear. I think that is simple enough for people to figure out.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

It makes a huge difference when it comes to the a/f screw. If the screw is in the back of the carb....... it adjusts how much air enters the pilot circuit.

If it is in the front of the carb..... it regulates fuel in the circuit.

That's why it is important to know what end is what. Is the throat end of the carb the front???
      This is one heck of a brain teaser that no one can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
        It makes a huge difference when it comes to the a/f screw. If the screw is in the back of the carb....... it adjusts how much air enters the pilot circuit.

If it is in the front of the carb..... it regulates fuel in the circuit.
        Not absolutely true on all carbs mate but near enough

The front of the carb is the part that goes into the inlet rubbers & also where you measure to determine the size

Theres no real need to know if the pilot screw restricts the air or fuel either as the results are the same as long as you know which way to turn said screw
        Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

True. But will it affect the way the motor runs? Won't this help you determine settings on your carbs?

All I needed to confirm was the front and back.
          I'm trying to avoid taking the tank off many times to do adjustments.

Now I need to get into jet needle adjustment.
          Thanks.
          Last edited by Kfreak; 09-14-2008, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X