X

Fuel out of drain line...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel out of drain line...

okay, bike is painted and I'm ready to put it up for sale but I figured I start it and get everything moving...low battery...east fix! Okay, after several minutes of trying to get it started, it finally turns over. Then fluid starts dripping down onto the left exhaust and smoking and also dripping on the ground. Turns out it is fuel coming out of the line that comes off the left two Carbs, over the air box and down between the air box and battery... I need some help on the cause!!! Also, the bike runs pretty well for a little bit until it starts the leaking and then wants to bog and stall. HELP! Thanks
    1997 Kat 750. Work in progress. Keep you up to date!

You floats are stuck in one or both of those carbs, Time for a little cleaning.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

No one knows this? Can't anyone help me?

Lol, I was typing mine as yours came up..... I hate those damn carbs. I already had them off once! Ok Ok, back to pulling everything off!!!
      Last edited by lindelium18; 09-13-2008, 10:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Get used to it. It's a fact of life with a Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
          Get used to it. It's a fact of life with a Kat.
          Hence the reason it is being replaced....well, technically has already been replaced!

Can I just unscrew the bowls and unstick the float...or at least try that first?

Comment

Take the drain plugs out and shoot some carb cleaner and then some air in there. Worked for me.
            sigpic

My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/twotonevert

Comment

Unfortunately the floats are sticking for some reason, you could try pulling the drain screws and put the tank on prime to try and flush out something that might be stuck in one of them. Then put the plugs back and see if the same occurs, However, chances are you might still have to pull them and clean them properly. But the first option is free other then the loss of gas.

Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Ok, newest update. I pulled the carbs out, and took the bottom bowls off....both floats seem to move freely and neither were in the "up" position. Still, I sprayeed carb cleaner and put it back together. Start the bike and warm up and then fuel came out again... it only happens below 3.5k rpms....more sugestions are needed/welcome. Thanks for the help so far all!!!

Comment

Did you inspect the floats themselves for any cracks?
                  Change the needle for the float. They are most likely hard and can't seal anymore.

Comment

I always fill the carbs up before putting them on the bike to test that the floats and needle seats are working properly. That way it's easy to look at right away. Just tip them upside down to empty.
                    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Still going to stick with the stuck float or possibly one maybe filling with gas and sinking. The latter was an afterthought. Also, did you check the float height?

Comment

Working...
                      X