X

Advice needed on getting motor started

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed on getting motor started

A freind of mine gave me a 93 kat 750 to rebuild. Before I spend alot of money on a new frame with a good title, I need to see if the motor is any good. The bike has not been started in about 2 yrs or more. The key was lost , so the previous owner beat the heck out of it with a screwdriver and trashed the key switch. Before I buy a new or used switch, I'd like to try and get the thing running just to see if it's worth my time and effort. Can anyone tell me which wires to jumper to get it to turn over? I dont want to fiddle with it without a wiring diagram or at least some direction from someone who knows what they are doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Keep the rubber side down

This really doesn't look good. Why would you need a new frame with a good title?

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
      This really doesn't look good. Why would you need a new frame with a good title?
      It was his sisters husbands bike. They divorced a few years ago. He left the bike with her , but refused to give up the title. The bike has been wrecked, and was useless to him(he said it wasn't worth the money to fix), but he didn't want her to be able to sell it and get any money for it. She got tired of it sitting in the garage and gave it to her brother(my friend). He and a buddy tried to get it started and gave up(hence the damage to the key switch) . They had no idea what they were doing. When he figured out that the frame might be bent he decided to scratch the whole idea and give me the bike, so I could use the motor. Complicated, but true.

More pics of the bike:

Last edited by ericzx7; 09-11-2008, 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

wut size is the motor

Comment

Originally posted by fzr600straightfast View Post
          wut size is the motor
          It's a 750

Comment

To be honest, I wouldn't mess with it. You have the bike, he has the title, it's on bad terms. Walk away.

Comment

how much u want for the bike

Comment

how much u want for the bike
                Not really looking to sell it. Either gonna find a frame and build a fighter, or maybe use the motor for a go-cart. Dunno yet. Depends on if the motor is good or not.

Comment

ill give u 500 for it and ill come get it if u change ur mind

Comment

man, on the terms i dont think it sounds good. may be on the up and up but feels weird. what if you do all that work only to have the bike taken by the title holder?

Comment

ill give u 500 for it and ill come get it if u change ur mind
                      I'll let you know what I decide to do.
                      Last edited by ericzx7; 09-11-2008, 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

what state are you in

Comment

Originally posted by ken123allen View Post
                          man, on the terms i dont think it sounds good. may be on the up and up but feels weird. what if you do all that work only to have the bike taken by the title holder?
                          According to his wife , he tore it up and threw it out just to be an a**h**e to her. He could give a crap about the bike. She says he doesnt care what happens to it as long as she doesn't proffit from it. Screwed up, huh.

Originally posted by bzj7j View Post
                          what state are you in
                          Oklahoma
                          Last edited by ericzx7; 09-11-2008, 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

thats y im willing to buy it i need parts off of it

Comment

man i tell you what, Im a cop in CA so I dont know specific laws in OK. But I wouldnt touch it. Sounds like some legal stuff has a potential to blume. If you want to keep it i would talk to the ex or look up you states vehicle and DMV codes.

On the getting it started, how bad are the pins in the ignition?

thats y im willing to buy it i need parts off of it

I wouldnt sell it either, your not the legal owner. Just trying to help you guys out, Not be an ***
                              Last edited by bzj7j; 09-11-2008, 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X