X

high rev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high rev?

when im in traffic for a few minutes my bike starts to rev higher and higher. highest its gotten is 3k or so. is there something bad going on or is it just un burned fuel. seems to return back to normal after i get going for a little bit.

Your bikes warning you "Yo Dummy, Im overheating here, Either shut me down and let me cool, or get moving over 20 MPH so I can cool down." Next step will be the motor will turn itsself off and make you wait till its ready to play agian.

In other words, Dont do that.. Oh, and change your oil, you've broken down the oil thats in there thermally.

Rising Idle while stuck in traffic is your warning to overheating.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Mine seemed to warn me the opposite way, it would stall after ideling high for a few seconds.

One oil change later and all fixed

Comment

yeah thats what i figured. oil just got changed too oh well. so that silly oil light is useless then huh.

Comment

I think oil lights only there to warn when your pressure drops, not when it's time to drain the beast.
          The training of Karate is the training in self-control, humbleness, and discipline in conduct. The attainment of this supreme perfection requires the greatest of patience to fully master. I am here physically for technique, spiritually for philosophy, and together for character. By being patient and striving for perfection will I become physically, mentally, and spiritually strong.
          -- Walter K. Nishioka, Shihan The International Karate League

Comment

yes... it is not a temperature sensor. You can order a temp sensor from TheCyberPoet. I will likely do that this winter.
            -2000 "750"

Comment

yeah im thinking thats a good plan.

Comment

That oil sensor looks pretty convenient, esp for ~$89. I'm not sure though how it mounts to the belly pan though. CP's page link looks like they stopped selling drain plug adapter due to issues of oil leaking. I take it you'd drill a new hole into pan to mount? Then what about all the metal shavings in oilpan?
                The training of Karate is the training in self-control, humbleness, and discipline in conduct. The attainment of this supreme perfection requires the greatest of patience to fully master. I am here physically for technique, spiritually for philosophy, and together for character. By being patient and striving for perfection will I become physically, mentally, and spiritually strong.
                -- Walter K. Nishioka, Shihan The International Karate League

Comment

Oil pan would need to come off. That would be a good time to check for shrapnel (sp?), shavings, and other random parts that may be in there. Someone posted about some broken cover pieces being in their oil pan.
                  -2000 "750"

Comment

there is a sensor you can get for air cooled engines that from what is said on the EFI thread its more accurate than the oil temp sensor.

would be cool if anyone knew of a good guage and sensor combo.
                    Last edited by Contrldkaos; 09-03-2008, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X