X

93 kat600, were to start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 kat600, were to start

i just got 1993 katana600 it has been sitting tarped outside for about two years now. what should be my top concerns ? and how do you get the seat off the bike? iv had dirtbikes for years but this is my first street bike so im not to sure were to start on this thing.

I would say a lot depends on the condition it was in prior to being put up. Biggest concerns in my opinion would be:
    - old gas
    - dirty carbs
    - dirty/fouled plugs
    I would suggest getting some new gas in it and running some Seafoam through it to clean the carbs. They still may need to be removed and thoroughly cleaned depending upon the last time it was done. This will probably mean a synch as well. May as well check/replace the plugs while you're in there (NGK DR8ES).

Removing the seat is pretty easy. All you should need to do is insert the key in the lock on the left side about three inches below the seat. It should pop off once you turn the key and pull up from the back end.
    2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750

sigpic

Comment

I agree with Skuid's comments and to add to them. Oil change. I am assuming that the engine will turn over. If not pull the plugs and spray CRC or an equivalent into the cylinders and let it sit. I have also heard that kerosene works as well. This can free them up if the are sized due to rust. Good luck. Keep us informed on how you make out.

Comment

There is a pull ring under the seat to release the rear latch, and then the key lock on the left side for the front latch.

Just pull up on the back of the seat when you pull the ring. That will get the back end up. Then when you do the key it'll just pop right off. Might have to mess with it a little bit if it's jammed up, but it will come off eventually.

Comment

ATO thats only on the 750, the 600 front is the only removable part. The rear seat is bolted in place.
          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Gotcha.

I figured they would be the same. Live and learn.

Comment

Working...
            X