No announcement yet.
X

Chrome Project Dyno Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, there is CERTAINLY something wrong with the DynoJunk kits. The needle taper is horrid. What did the dyno operator tell you? "Replace the needles" The thing about the pilot jets, that, however, that has 0 to do with anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
      But in all fairness to the DJ kit this is not a stock bike that the kit was installed on. There is a reason that DJ and Factory give you multiple jets.

Now just for the hell of it I would like to see a run with a stock bike and the same setup that mreedohio has in his bike.

Tmod
      yeah and the dj kit says to use a 134 jet in a 600 cc with filter and exhaust, no way on gods green earth should you have a 134 jet in any katana 600, way to fat.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
        yeah and the dj kit says to use a 134 jet in a 600 cc with filter and exhaust, no way on gods green earth should you have a 134 jet in any katana 600, way to fat.
        I would certainly guess that a kat with stock cams, and a set of pod filters would require a much bigger main....... but that does seem pretty excessive!

I dunno, though..... DJ's numbering system is wacky...... there's no telling how a 134 would relate to a 116......

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        no, there is CERTAINLY something wrong with the DynoJunk kits. The needle taper is horrid. What did the dyno operator tell you? "Replace the needles" The thing about the pilot jets, that, however, that has 0 to do with anything.
        Maybe he meant the emulsion tubes? Don't you have to replace them with DJ pieces when you use their kit?
        Last edited by loudnlow7484; 08-27-2008, 07:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          Maybe he meant the emulsion tubes? Don't you have to replace them with DJ pieces when you use their kit?
          Nope no emulsion tube replacement required.

Tmod

Comment

no springs, no emulsion tubes, but there are 106, 110, 116, 120 and 134 main jets.
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

no springs, no emulsion tubes, but there are 106, 110, 116, 120 and 134 main jets.
              I had to go search, because I knew I had heard it somewhere......

factory, bandit, gsf, 1200, carb, carburetor, carburator, tuning, stage 3, config 30, stage 1, mikuni, BMC, air filter, auto, automotive, motorcycle, ega, exhaust gas analyzer, factory, Aprilia, bandit, Honda, BMW, Buell, cbr, cbr600, ec997, eddy current, gsx, gsxr, ignition advance, Indian, jet, Kaw, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Mikuni, Keihin, Harley Davidson, r6, salvisberg, shift kit, tuning, billet, engine cover, dyno, dynojet, power commander, 100, 150, 200, factory, emulsion tube, needle jet, transmission detent, allen screw, racing, sounds, frame bumper,

88-89 GSXR750's....... same engine as the kat 750. Apparently DJ kits replace them in those. (Read the fine print under each kit)
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

DJ has a weird way of numbering the jetting, We think of 134 as really large but by comparison it only equals a Mikuni 125 main. Still big yes but not as big as one would think.

Also I forgot what the DJ needles looked like in my Honda and went out and got one of the needles and took a pic of it, Now compared to the Kat kit this one has a serious taper. I wonder if they didn't use some parts for other kits to throw something together. I also wonder if they just use a calculation to figure what the needle taper and main jet size should be.

Anyway here is a image of a stock Honda needle and the DJ next to it.

Tmod

Comment

no DynoJunk kit has EVER replaced the tubes in ANY GSXF kit, period.

Comment

the 134 was in the carbs when I got it, once all was good and safe I ran the bike and it fell on its face from off idle thru midrange. plugs were blacker than black.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    Who knows what is next?

Comment

no DynoJunk kit has EVER replaced the tubes in ANY GSXF kit, period.
                      Did you read what I wrote? ^^^^^^^ Up there?

Re-read it. If you don't get it, then re-read it again. Repeat as many times as necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                        Did you read what I wrote? ^^^^^^^ Up there?

Re-read it. If you don't get it, then re-read it again. Repeat as many times as necessary.
                        Hey give that old guy a break as I don't think he has seen his girl in a few days.

Things are backing up.

Tmod

the 134 was in the carbs when I got it, once all was good and safe I ran the bike and it fell on its face from off idle thru midrange. plugs were blacker than black.
                        So you going to mess with it anymore or just switch kits?

Tmod
                        Last edited by Tmod; 08-27-2008, 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                          Hey give that old guy a break as I don't think he has seen his girl in a few days.

Things are backing up.

Tmod
                          Haven't seen mine in 3 months.........

Comment

I will toy with a/f mixture, change filter and go from there
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            Who knows what is next?

Comment

no L&L I didn't read that link you posted for two reasons.
                              1 - it's too much to read for something I don't care about
                              2 - I KNOW no DynoJunk kit has ever replaced the GSXF tubes. Maybe a GSXR, not the same, now is it?
                              Ok, I read that link, can you tell me were it says anything about tubes? I'll read it again. Ok, basically that link says the DynoJunk has a stepped needle, which is bad. I already said DynoJunk has bad needles. Anything else I've said you'd like to prove I'm certainly open to that.
                              Last edited by arsenic; 08-27-2008, 08:44 PM.

Comment

no L&L I didn't read that link you posted for two reasons.
                                1 - it's too much to read for something I don't care about
                                2 - I KNOW no DynoJunk kit has ever replaced the GSXF tubes. Maybe a GSXR, not the same, now is it?
                                Ok, I read that link, can you tell me were it says anything about tubes? I'll read it again. Ok, basically that link says the DynoJunk has a stepped needle, which is bad. I already said DynoJunk has bad needles. Anything else I've said you'd like to prove I'm certainly open to that.
                                No, you didn't read the goddam link! Like I said, go back, repeat until you get it. You're right, it's the GSXR, as I said when I posted the link the first time. GSXR, GSXR, GSXR........... is this f**king clear yet? I'm sure you won't read it, because you obviously have much more important things to do, so I'll quote it for you........

"Note! When replacing a dj kit with Factory Pro components, be sure to replace the emulsion tubes with stock, Suzuki tubes (available from Suzuki). The dynojet emulsion tubes will not work with standard needles. The Mikuni emulsion tubes have ID numbers and the dynojet tubes are not marked with any part number."

Don't get your goddam self-righteous attitude with me. More ear, less lip, we'll all get along better.

Comment

Working...
                                X