X

petcock?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petcock?

this is so stuip but, witch way is on and witch way is prime?i thouht the one way was off but i know now that it is not way.

Comment

thanks man

there is no off?
      Last edited by cowboys5times; 08-18-2008, 04:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

"ON" is off, no fuel flows without vacuum. "RES" is the same way. "PRI" is the only one that lets fuel flue all the time. it's RESERVE, ON, and PRIME

Comment

ive been riding on prime. is that a big deal?

Comment

if you floats are wrong it is. You could have gas in your oil. Change the oil and don't do that

Comment

when i first got the bike i was riding it with it on and it would cut out so when i turned it to prime it keeped running so i tought that was on.

Comment

you thought wrong

Comment

thanks alot man

Comment

you bet

Comment

if your bike is cutting out in the on position you probably need a petcock rebuild kit or something. how long would you ride it before that happens?
                      99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
                      06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
                      06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
                      lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

Originally posted by cowboys5times View Post
                        when i first got the bike i was riding it with it on and it would cut out so when i turned it to prime it keeped running so i tought that was on.
                        there we all go thinking again.......... j/k man.... im having the same problem..... just replaced the float o-rings and get about 10 minutes of ride time till she cuts......

Comment

that's an easy one. Check the vacuum hose from the 4th carb to the back of the petcock. When a diaphragm goes out, it's stuck open. If it cuts off, it's because there isn't enough vacuum to open it

Comment

ok so mine is cutting out after ~20 minutes while on "on" just fine on reserve, and seems to still let gas flow while on "res" even while off, make any sense at all?

Comment

Working...
                            X