X

Cam Timing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Timing

Wondering if anyone has ever bothered to check the cam timing on the Kats and found them to be out of spec? Any gain in performance to be had by changing the cam timing on one of these?

Tmod

changing the cam timing, bad idea, degreeing the cams, good ide.

Comment

Ok so how far off were they?

Just wondering if it is even worth it to run a degree wheel on it and slot the sprockets.

Tmod

Comment

no it's not worth it, I degreed them like 3 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
          Wondering if anyone has ever bothered to check the cam timing on the Kats and found them to be out of spec? Any gain in performance to be had by changing the cam timing on one of these?

Tmod
          with any mass produced bike the cam timing is going to be within a certain ok range but i've never found one to exactly to spec yet, i must say suzuki's are the closest of the bunch tbh & kawasaki's are generaly bloody awfull

as arsenic says no real gains to be had, unless you are going to blueprint the whole engine i really wouldnt bother
          Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
            kawasaki's are generaly bloody awfull
            You won't find many that disagree with that statement on here.......
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Ok I put the degree wheel back in it's hiding spot.

Thanks for the replies!!

Tmod

Comment

Working...
              X