X

Stage 2 Jet Kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 2 Jet Kit

I have a 90 Kat with on 6500 miles I picked up for 1800 bucks. The thing ran great when I test rode it so I had to pick it up. Then I noticed there wasn't an air filter in the air box. I bought one and installed it. Just a regular air filter. Now it is missing when I try to hold a constant speed. Just minimal throttle and it misses and bucks. I took it to a mechanic and he cleaned the carbs, synched them, adjusted the valves, and replaced the spark plugs. It doesn't run any better. They told me that it has a stage 2 jet kit on it and that is what is causing the sputtering and missing. He suggested I get a milder jet kit and that would help. Is this correct? Or is there something else I can do to help this? It has a D+D exhaust I am thinking its a full system and not just a bolt on.
    Thanks guys!

Did you remove the air filter just to make sure that is causing the problem?

I would try removing it and do a short run and see if it fixes it, if it does then you would need to put the air filter back and then adjust your carb settings to work with the air filter.

You would probably need to adjust the A/F screws and the needle as a minimum.

Tmod

Comment

your mechanic is correct all you need is a stage 1 jet kit and a stock air filter(no k&N)and its all good, might as well add a ignition advancer while you are at it
      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

I didn't know a stage 2 even existed
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          I didn't know a stage 2 even existed
          there even a stage 3
          sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

I'm aware of 1 and 3. I've even seen a race only kit that is either 7 or 8.... I can't remember which. But I've never seen a stage 2.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Stage 7
              If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
              Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
                Stage 7
                thank you.....

Comment

Working...
                X