Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

micro meter to sync.carbs anyone ever try this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• micro meter to sync.carbs anyone ever try this?

if so please post how you did it

how do you imagine that is possible

Comment

Sorta wonder how this would be done myself.

Tmod

Comment

ttt

with a depth micrometer was woundering if it would work is all

Comment

syncing the carbs has 0 to do with a depth gauge

Comment

Originally posted by lmj001 View Post
            with a depth micrometer was woundering if it would work is all
            Are you thinking of measuring from the spigot side of the carb to the butterfly and make them all even? I doubt that would work as you would not know for sure if all the carbs would be the same measurement from the flange to the butterfly.

Tmod

Comment

a visual sync is kinda like getting married in Vegas, it means nothing

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                Does that mean I can leave my wife of 24 years and not owe anything?

Tmod

Comment

did you get married in Vegas?

Comment

Another reason it cannot be synched that way is that even IF all internal parts of the carbs were identical, the cylinder condition, ring condition,valves, etc, will have a great influence on the individual vacuum signal of each cylinder. The purpose of using the gauge is to adjust all four carb/cylinder sets as closely to each other as possible under running conditions.
                    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

did you get married in Vegas?
                      Yep sure did.

Tmod

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
                      Another reason it cannot be synched that way is that even IF all internal parts of the carbs were identical, the cylinder condition, ring condition,valves, etc, will have a great influence on the individual vacuum signal of each cylinder. The purpose of using the gauge is to adjust all four carb/cylinder sets as closely to each other as possible under running conditions.

Tmod
                      Last edited by Tmod; 08-03-2008, 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You mean Mexico, I think.

At least he said micrometer and not voltmeter, I guess...although either would have about the same chance of working.
                        -
                        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

I like to use my ESP to sync my carbs......... If I just really concentrate, I can feel how much vacuum they're pulling.....

Really, your question has already been answered. All things are not created equal. Even with each butterfly set exactly to the other ones, they won't necessarily pull the same vacuum, because of differences in the engine.

However, a "mechanical sync" like that is generally good enough to get the thing running well enough to get a real sync done. But if that's your intention, than the micrometer thing is too much. I use the paperclip method...... set the butterflies so that the wire of a paperclip slides under the butterfly with the same resistance on all 4 carbs. It's really just ballparking it, but it will get it running.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
                            You mean Mexico, I think.
                            yeah Mexico would work too

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                            Yep sure did.

Tmod
                            then yeah, you probably could
                            Last edited by arsenic; 08-03-2008, 03:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

ttt

cool thanks didnt think it would but i live in n.y. and dealers here wont work on any bikes older then 2000 so im just trying to find ways of doing thing here the vacume ports on the tops of 3 of my carbs are broke had to block them off need new top and sync.tool i guess thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X