X

please help idle and running problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help idle and running problems

i have a 1997 kat 750 it wont start unless i use ether in the air box, and when it does start it wont idle below 3 grand, i have to have the choke all the way and set the idle screw up as far as it will go, does any one know what may be wrong with it, its igniting, i thought it wasnt getting any fuel so i checked the lines and sure enough there was a slit in one so i fixed that, then it started to idle a lil smoother but still not below 3 grand, its hesatent to go when i roll on the throttle, and when i put it in first as long as i got the clutch in it still idles but one i start to come off it and roll on the throttle itll sputter and die, any help would e greatly aprechiated is there anything i could do before having to take the carbs off and clean em, i know it sat for a while, i cleaned out the tank and put carb cleaner in the tank to run threw, the tank was full of nasty gas when i cleaned it the bike any help would be greatly aprechited

Your answer is probably to clean the carbs and check for worn parts. You can also check to make sure all of the hoses are properly routed and/or connected, but that probably isn't the problem.

If the tank was filled with "nasty gas", and the carb bowls were not emptied, then there is probably some nastiness in the carbs too.
    -2000 "750"

Comment

thats what i was afraid of, thanks alot i appreciate it, ima do it tomorrow, i figure ill just take em off clean the bowls the main jet and pilot jets before i have to completely tear em apart and clean them

Comment

I think cleaning your mains and pilots and setting the float heights will help A LOT.

Comment

how would i go about setting the float hight,

Comment

Working...
          X