X

Stalling...inconsistent idle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalling...inconsistent idle

I am lost and need your help. My bike has had this idle issue, doesn't really like to idle below 2500RPM. It is not a smooth idle, always jumping up and down like an inconsistent fuel flow is what it seems to me. Which is possible, I recently bought this bike and do not know the last time the carbs have been gone through.

But I recently have found that if I pull the clutch all the way in and hit the brakes a little hard, it will stall out. I have no idea how this could be tied in any way. I have to keep giving it gas though when I come to a stop just in order for it not to stall.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank You

The carbs probably need cleaned and sounds like they definitely need to be synched. As for pulling the clutch and hitting the brake to make it stall.... I have no idea how it's even possible for those two completely unrelated things to affect the idle. Maybe your ignitor is weak and when the brake light is lit it takes just enough power away for it to die? Hows your battery?
    Some people carry on
    Some just stay right where they are
    Our worlds divide

Comment

im gonna say float height is causing the stalling, and carbs need to be synced
      Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

1997 kat 600: b12 rear shock, jetted and vance and hines full exhaust.

Comment

Yeah definitly sounds like the carbs to me. But first check the simple things like the choke and the choke cable, and also check the idle screw.

Comment

Clean carbs. Might need to adjust the clutch cable as well.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

My suggestion is pretty much in line with the other posts. I'd say:
            - clean and sync the carbs
            *while you're in there:
            - check float height
            - a/f screws
            - cable routing under the tank

From my experience,
            idle issues - air/vacuum leak between engine, carbs, airbox. Remove the tank and spray carb cleaner on the carbs in isolated areas.

stalling - weak battery. Mine was supposed to be new when I bought it, got a new one and it made a huge difference. I had very similar issues until I replaced the battery.

I'm thinking adjusting the idle screw isn't going to do much good if the carbs aren't synched.
            2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X