back to the carb again Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    no, you can get a Factory Pro jet kit, which is WAY better then DJ
    Where would you suggest getting one from?
    2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750

sigpic

Comment

Factory Pro www.factorypro.com

Comment

dose any one have a chart or spread sheet with all the fatory setting on all the jets and screws. i only ask cause im sure that it is all explained in carbs 101 but it would be much easyer to check them all at once if we had a cheat sheet.
        let her ride! she might like the vibrations and quit bitchin

91 kat 750 vance and hines pipe
        dyno jet 120's
        k&n filter, and 86 gsxr cams.

92 yamaha blaster stage 3 kit
        98 f-150 k&n filter, 2 in lift and chip set
        1988 checkmate 2881 550 hp 600 ft/lb tork dynoed
        1947 studebaker pickup 502 w/450 hp
        1935 chris craft 17 ft w 238 v 8

Comment

Originally posted by fisherking101 View Post
          dose any one have a chart or spread sheet with all the fatory setting on all the jets and screws. i only ask cause im sure that it is all explained in carbs 101 but it would be much easyer to check them all at once if we had a cheat sheet.

Takes a while to download, but this should be the service manual for repair. It should have everything you're looking for and then some.
          2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750

sigpic

Comment

ok when i download it, it goes till it get the 64.?mb and comes up with a blank screen? not sure what the problem is there. i pulled the carbs and air box again and then pulled the air/fule mix needles they were all wrong again. one was out 7and 1/2 out, found out that 2 of the jets were missing the o rings and washers, and all the jets were missing thier springs. ordered a new set but it will be 3-5 days before they get here. ill reassemble everything when they get here and then update everyone.
            OH BTW i realy appresiate all the help here, this is a work in progress and i am realy learning as i go!!!

dyno jet 120's

Comment

You should be noticing a huge difference after all of that is fixed. Don't expect it to be completely fixed and ready to go though. There is almost always something else
              -2000 "750"

Comment

cool thanks!

dyno jet 120's

Comment

ok guys, i ended up waighting for 3 weeks for the air/fule mix hardwhere got it all back together and she runs good till shes warmed up. then the idel drops in the craper again and wont start till it is completley cooled down. then ill start her and as long as i dont let it stall it will run till i stop. basically the same problem al along except the high idel at 4 grand is gone. my bro says that its been fked with and go back to factory jets, aircleaner, and pipe. this just wont do, i need to scream as i go. so i spent a week just thinking about it and this is what im wondering. i had a dirtbike back in the early 80's and it would start when cold but just die as it got in to op temps. i eventualy changed the coil pack and problem solved. so has anyone here ever experiaced a coil that when it went bad ie got up to temp, that the idle would crap out? is it possible that i have a bad coil or one that is going bad? sorry it took so long to get back to this but life is a ***** at times!

also it said to set the "dyno junk" jets at bla bla and the air fule mix at 2.5 out. remeber i was running fat/rich, so i set the dynojets at the recomended out and then with the air/fule i went a touch over or out more to try to lean out my mix. about 2.55 out so to speak. the results were it seemed to to pull like a mule all the way up to red line, so i think if i went in just a touch on the dynojets ie. less fule it might fix the idle in the craper issue. what say you masters???
                  Last edited by fisherking101; 08-28-2008, 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dyno jet 120's

Comment

guy i know that there is alot on the board right now, but do you have any advice?

dyno jet 120's

Comment

From my experience, if you've addressed the vacuum leak and the idle is still inconsistent, more than likely your a/f (pilot) screws need to be turned out just a touch more. I recently replaced an old DJ kit in my pre with a Factory Pro and their instructions point to that.
                      Just out of curiosity, when was the last oil change and what kind/weight are using? Sounds like you are describing an overheating issue...this could have some impact. I've seen a post by CP on this.
                      2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750

sigpic

Comment

oil change when i got the bike, and haven't put more than 300 miles on it yet. 10w40 "motorcycle" oil. i say this cause some one in a difrent forum here busted me for not saying motorcycle oil. and shes not over heating to the best that i can tell. i think that im going to try to adjust the pilot out, leaner, and see what happens. im thinking that because its at low / no idle maybe this is why its stalling. and because its rich that is also why it must cool down compleatly first before she will start again. last night she stalled on the way home and i happened to be on a hill so i turned it down hill and tryed to bump start her in 2nd and 3rd all it did was bog out. got to be rich or a bad coil pack is all i can figure. what say you my masters?

dyno jet 120's

Comment

when it comes to tuning the carbs, I am of no real value anymore.
                          -2000 "750"

Comment

why do you say that? you sent me in the right direction to begin with, at least i can get to work and back now before i could only get 5 minits down the road.

wtf? cheriff?

btw all these mod were on the bike when i bought it, and ht elocal shop wants 45$ for a new airfilter. alful steep if you ask me. but i will go there cheriff.
                            Last edited by fisherking101; 09-03-2008, 10:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dyno jet 120's

Comment

The point of my last post was that when it comes to adjusting the needles, changing main jset sizes, proper turns on the A/F screws, ect... I don't have the experience to feel comfortable giving advice. And I won't give advice if I'm not sure. Misinformation is a dangerous thing.

Is it possible that even though the choke is turned to off that the plunger isn't pushed all of the way in?
                              -2000 "750"

Comment

ill have to check on that.

dyno jet 120's

Comment

Working...
                                X