X

starting question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting question

ok, so when i start my 97 600 sometimes it fires right up. others i have to hold the start button down for a few extra secs. it seems like it is starting but wont stay running without the start button down. it idles funny for a bout 15 secs and then smooths out. also i fouled my plugs again. stock filter, jetted, vance and hines. a\f screws 2.5 out. miss set float height maybee? floats are not stuck, cause no gas in oil and not running out of gas during acceleration. the starting issue is intermittent so i am confused. runs great when im riding it though
    Last edited by forsaken; 07-20-2008, 01:19 PM.
    Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

1997 kat 600: b12 rear shock, jetted and vance and hines full exhaust.

Question, are you noticing the longer start period after the bikes already been riden and the motors already hot? As in, say run to the store, run in/out and it wont start right away?
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

nope it is not dependent on bike temp. sometimes fires right up, sometimes dosent
      Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

1997 kat 600: b12 rear shock, jetted and vance and hines full exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
        Question, are you noticing the longer start period after the bikes already been riden and the motors already hot? As in, say run to the store, run in/out and it wont start right away?
        i experience a problem like this. when i shut it off to fill up at the gas station, sometimes the bike will fire right back up and other times i have to hold the starter for 5-10 seconds
        1989 katana 750

Comment

It's just the nature of the best and an issue MANY 4 strokes have with HOT starts.
          Hot starts often require the throttle being opened a little bit, where cold starts you usually don't want to touch the throttle at all, just use a little choke
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by forsaken View Post
            nope it is not dependent on bike temp. sometimes fires right up, sometimes dosent
            Ok, I was just wondering if it was occuring when the bike was hot. Reason being, a hot enough day with a hot motor will vaporize the gas in the bowls. Switching it to prime for a few secs refills the bowls so it will fire right. Its why I asked.
            If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
            Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
            X