No announcement yet.
X

Kickstand is killing me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks MD, Yep it was a joke, and if the people that just replied looked back at the dates, they would understand a dead thread. Arf Arf indeed LOL
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
      Thanks MD, Yep it was a joke, and if the people that just replied looked back at the dates, they would understand a dead thread. Arf Arf indeed LOL
      Well damn, I knew it was a dead thread, but I guess I lost track of which post brought it back.

I'll climb back into my hole now.

Comment

It's cool , you gave us a laugh at your own expense . Do that some more , and MAYBE we'll let you stay .....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
          BTW TZ has been here longer than you. Hes got seniority. Be good to the old people around here.. They have senior moments :P

now.. if only we ranked seniority by when you bought your first Kat... i'd be in the gray beard club.
          KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

Hey, I'm glad this thread got rezzed. Very timely for me today, and was the first thread on my search. Has anyone had luck finding the springs in a hardware store? The local Ace failed me for the first time today.

Comment

I got mine from BikeBandit, kindof expensive though...
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Well, I'd originally thought that the problem was with the stand itself, because it was pretty worn and clearly not oiled. Scored a stand of ebay and had an extra set of springs, so cut and bent, reinstalled, oiled everything up, and now the kickstand makes a satisfying snap when coming up. **two thumbs up**

Comment

Originally posted by sfoster73 View Post
                  oiled everything up, and now the kickstand makes a satisfying snap when coming up. **two thumbs up**
                  As it should . AMAZING what some brake cleaner and WD40 will do to a grimy spring .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                    As it should . AMAZING what some brake cleaner and WD40 will do to a grimy spring .
                    I'm still baffled at some of the things the PO had done to this bike. Front forks set to 1 and 2 on dampening, rear shock set all the way to 7. But, oil in the engine looks good. :P

Comment

Working...
                    X