X

GSXR carbs on the Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSXR carbs on the Kat

I have a 98 750 that is desperately in need of a tuneup. I have noticed that rebuilding the carbs on this thing is incredibly expensive compared to my friends 98 GSXR-750.

Are the carbs interchangeable? I can't seem to find anything on the forums about this kind of swap. Frankly, anything where I can buy a simple rebuild kit vs. having to chase down each part at Ron Ayers is a plus.

Thanks!

No, they're not interchangeable......

Not even close.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp View Post
      I have a 98 750 that is desperately in need of a tuneup. I have noticed that rebuilding the carbs on this thing is incredibly expensive compared to my friends 98 GSXR-750.

Are the carbs interchangeable? I can't seem to find anything on the forums about this kind of swap. Frankly, anything where I can buy a simple rebuild kit vs. having to chase down each part at Ron Ayers is a plus.

Thanks!
      You send me the carbs & I disassemble completely, clean thoroughly, reassemble , & ship back to you for $125.00 + whatever parts it may need. I do them all the time & I guarantee my work. PM me if interested, Ray.
      85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

is 98 even carbs? Or is that throttle boddies?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          is 98 even carbs? Or is that throttle boddies?
          I think they're still carbs..... those were SRAD years, right?
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
          X