Using Sea Foam

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Sea Foam

Hello,
    Can someone tell me how much and where to pour Sea Foam to clean my carbs?

I've read that i can pour it into my gas tank, how much and when?

I've read that i can pour it into my carbs directly, where on earth are they? Picutres please, and how much?

thanks.

Pour about a 3rd of the can in your tank, run a tank of gas through. Do that 3 times til the can of seafoam is used, and your carbs should be all nice and clean. Make sure to change the oil after that tho.

You can also use Chevron Techron, that stuff works pretty good too.

You can't really pour it in the carbs directly. You can pull the carbs, dissasemble them, and soak them in a carb clean, but that is a major PIA. Specialy if you don't know much about them.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Thanks for the advice Lou.
      My tank is just on the E, so i'm going to put the best gas i can find at the local Shell gas station and 1/3 of the sea foam and see how it goes.

I've read on other posts that letting it sit a day or 2 is going to help. Is that correct? Or can i try to use it?

Comment

I usually do like Lou advised. Pour 1/3 of the can in a full tank and just run that through. I don't wait.
        My 2005 GSX750F has 44,000 miles on her and i've run Sea Foam through her about ever 7-10k. No probs so far!!!!
        2005 Aprilia RST1000
        2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
        1998 Chevy Tahoe
        www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

hmmmm, silly me, i read the directions on the can
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

i think you should pour in the seafoam, and then fill with gasolina

and does anyone know about using seafoam in the engine oil? ive done it to cars and trucks before oil changes, but the bike has a wet clutch. anyone? anyone done it?>
            1989 katana 750

Comment

i followed the directions on the can. added seafoam to the oil, rode the LTD to warm it up good, and then changed the oil. got more goop and gunk out than usual from the looks of the old oil and filter
              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
              X