HOT handle bars and keys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOT handle bars and keys.

Hi,
    So i am a newbie and while i'm trying to practice my smooth stops and goes a bit at a time, i noticed that the metal bars and the ignition casing and my keys are WICKED hot. The throttle is not hot just all the metal parts.

let me emphasis not just hot, really really hot.
    Is that normal?

ummmm what? heated grips by any chance? other then that i dont know

Comment

um.... is it really really hot and sunny wherever you are?
      Next time you notice that it is hot, go find a black car, and stick your hand on the hood (don't let the owner see)...... if it's hotter than that, then maybe it's time to look into it.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Are you thinking maybe your have an electrical issue causing the metal to heat?? That's a new one on me.
        "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

mine gets hot too. after a longer ride I think the heat goes straight up and hit the tree and makes it hot
          05 Kat 600
          Yoshi RS3
          Bar Risers
          Road Attacks
          Fumoto Valve
          Corbin Seat w / backrest
          Sportech black chrome windscreen
          Custom garage door opener

Comment

I have an 04 750 and the gray handlebar bracket has never gotten "wicked hot" even in the sun, maybe that's just my dead nerves and thick skin.
            I have noticed that the black bar ends, if they get in the sun, can get uncomfortably hot.
            Conclusion, hot is a relative term and is different for different people.

Comment

Wearing Gloves will fix this problem you will never know, its hot and fights road rash
              sigpic
              Update Jul 11 2014
              Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

...get some gloves.
                2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                BMC Notorious 918 HT
                2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

On my '06 600, after the bike is parked in the garage for a little bit following a ride, I've noticed the front brake lever gets super-hot. The problem went away after I bought some good gloves

Comment

hullygee, i wonder if the oil cooler/radiator being right down under the tripple tree makes a difference? slow speed, or no air movement anything above it is gonna get cooked
                    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
                    X