X

ignitor wires to the ignition coil .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignitor wires to the ignition coil .

I hooked up new wires going from the ignitor to the ignition coils . The problem is I used all green wire and I think I hooked up one of them to the wrong spot . Can anybody tell me the color and position of those 4 wires when their plugged into the ignitor box ? Its a 1995 kat 750 . The wires I need to know are white , orange/white and black/yellow . I need to know which one is top left , top right , bottom left and bottom right . I know im probaly a pain in the *** with all my questions but Im so close to getting this bike running .

Can somebody please maybe take a picture of the wires going into the ignitor box so I can figure this **** out . PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Comment

Hope this helps some. I can't take a pic right now. I have a '96 750 at home, that I can get a pic of eventually.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ATOMonkey; 07-15-2008, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post
        Hope this helps some. I can't take a pic right now. I have a '96 750 at home, that I can get a pic of eventually.
        Maybe this is my problem . Here is how the ignition wires are hooked up .

The left side ignition coil - top wire goes to cylinder 1
        - bottom wire - cylinder 4

The right side ignition coil - top wire goes to 3
        - bottom - cylinder 2

I think the right side wires are hooked up wrong .
        Last edited by suzuki08; 07-15-2008, 11:22 AM. Reason: cuz

Comment

According to the wiring schematic, yes, you have the right side ignition coils backwards. Flip them and see if it fixes your problem.
          97 GSX600F
          76 CB750F
          71 CB175

Comment

Originally posted by starion88esir View Post
            According to the wiring schematic, yes, you have the right side ignition coils backwards. Flip them and see if it fixes your problem.

switch the wires at the ignition ? or switch the wires going to the plug ? its hard for me to explain this ****in **** Im starting to hate this bike .

I switched them at the ignition side ( not the spark plug wire side ) and it still backfires .
            I think that I might have the spark plug wires going to the wrong cylinders . The right side ignition coil is the only one i think i have hooked up wrong .

Im gonna take a picture of how my ignition wires and spark plug wires are setup . I will have the pictures up in about 1- 2 hours .

are the two orange/white wires supposed to be on the top of the ignition coil ? is the orange white positive ? if so then I could hook this up the right way with just that information .
            Last edited by suzuki08; 07-15-2008, 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

coil on left side: I believe the orange/white is your pos. Solid white is neg.
              coil on right side. orange/white is pos. Black/yellow is neg. Your coils have a +/- sign at each terminal.
              Coil on the left side fires cylinders 1 and 4.
              Coil on the right side fires cylinders 2 and 3.
              It's hard to screw up 1 and 4. If you think 3 and 2 are wrong then switch the coil wires on the plugs. That's how my 750 is set up. I just went thru this because I couldn't leave well enough alone and broke the darn plastic clip that holds the coil wires into the coil. Don't break the clips because the dealer will only sell you the whole coil with wire for lots of money.
              Last edited by Kfreak; 07-15-2008, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Here is a image that I just took of my 06 750 California model, I don't know if they are all the same but here it is anyway.

The high tension wires were still marked from the factory and I just followed them back and labeled them.

Tmod

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it will make a difference if you switch the plug wires on one coil. The coil fires both plugs at the same time, right?
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Yes you are correct and the only thing I can see is the wiring routing will be a little off as you have the longer wire going to a closer plug.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
                    X