X

06 600 front brake wont release

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 600 front brake wont release

Went today to change oil and do some normal cleaning on the bike and after using the front brake the lever will not return to the normal
    riding position basicly the front brake stays on. Yes it has brake fluid in it new front pads and i have not found 1 leak. so i was thinking it was a master cylander but im not a brake expert what do you guys think?

Did you try and pull the lever back to the normal position?

Tmod

Comment

oops sorry yes i can easily make it return to the normal position. thanks

Comment

the caliper(s) stay closed on the disk? or are you saying the brake lever just doesnt return all the way out and the wheel turns free?
        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Drian the fluid
          pull the lever off
          pop off the dust cover and remove the clip that holds the piston in the master cyl.
          chances are the o ring/one way valve got damages and is hanging up inside the master cyl.
          If everything checks out ok and in perfect shape....you have a caliper locked up or pads binding on the slide pins..
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Thanks for the help, a new o-ring and shes good as new. I did go ahead a flush the brake lines and all.

Comment

Working...
            X