X

shifting problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shifting problems

1999 GSX 750 I am having some problems with I think my transmission but it could be a clutch problem. When I start the bike and put in 1st gear the bike will move forward if I don’t hold the brake. When I stop at a light and the bike is in 1st it is very hard to get it to go into neutral. If I turn the bike off it goes in to neutral easy. Not sure if this is just a clutch adjustment issue or a transmission problem. Any ideas?
    1999 GSX750F
    ZERO GRAVITY SHIELD
    SS SCORPION ROUND SLIP ON
    CONTINENTAL ROAD ATTACK

Sounds like your clutch

Comment

Originally posted by lvpockett View Post
      Sounds like your clutch cable need to be adjusted

Fixed that for ya.

Comment

Clutch cable...my '83 GSX750ES did the same...I thought it was going to go through the wall.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

where should the adjustment be made
          1999 GSX750F
          ZERO GRAVITY SHIELD
          SS SCORPION ROUND SLIP ON
          CONTINENTAL ROAD ATTACK

Comment

Depending on how much adjustment is left at the lever end, I would move the lever end in to the point that there is about 1/3 of the adjustment used. Then take up the slack on the sprocket cover end. If you end up tightening up too much on the sprocket cover, you will have some adjustment left at the lever which is much easier to get to. Just remember that there should be a little bit of freeplay in the cable so you don't end up slipping the clutch all the time.

Comment

There is a clutch adjustment how-to on this site, but it is a little bit wrong. The little screw on the worm gear should be adjusted til a LITTLE resistance is felt, then backed off 1/4-1/2 turn, then locked down. Do this with both adjustments all the way in and the bike in neutral. Then after that, adjust the adjustment at the sprocket cover until there isn't much slack in the lever, then do the fine adjustments at the lever. You should be good now..

Comment

thanks man this helped me alot.i appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                X