X

Crooked bars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crooked bars

Quick question, my bars are slightly crooked, not bent. What I mean is that it's just like the steering on a car if the alignment is off, to go straight you have to have the wheel turned slightly. There is about a 1" difference and it drives me crazy going down the road. I did a few searches but only came up with bent bars on the forum. Some advice here would be great, I didn't want to jump right into the bike and start tearing the front end up without asking. Thanks!
    sigpic

Have you tried aligning the rear wheel? Use the string method. Just search for chain adjustment and rear wheel alignment. A slightly cockeyed rear wheel will result in a cockeyed front wheel. . .
    WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

With the front of the bike supported, & the front tire OFF the ground, LOOSEN all of the fork clamping bolts & triple clamp bolts & handlebar clamping bolts. Turn the bars side to side to see if they will straighten out. Tighten everything back up & go test ride. If that doesn't solve the issue, SOMETHING is bent! Ray.
      85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Also, are you sure the bike has not been dropped? You may just have a bent bar on one side.
        THE DOC
        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
        mistake when you make it again.
        sigpic

Comment

alright, thanks guys, I'll give the above a try.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X