X

no power, clock works

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no power, clock works

ive been asking around for a new petcock cause mine sprung a leak while i was driving. it sprayed around the air box area and got alot of things wet. i went and turned on the bike and the clock works but nothing else do. i get no n finder, brights, oil light. nothing just the clock. i hooked up my LED lights and they are working bright so i know the battery is good.
    99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
    06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
    06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
    lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the clock should have it's own battery and doesn't draw any power from the bike. LEDs draw very little power, so your battery may have issues. Hook it up to a meter and check it. If it's fine, check fuses and your LED wiring for any shorts. Good luck.
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

ive checked all the fuses, there good. is it possible some wiring got wet. if the battery is bad could i still run start it?
      99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
      06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
      06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
      lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

the clock and LED's take zip to run in the way of power. put a meter on the battery, it's prolly toast. you might have a bad connection somewhere, but not ONE that would take out most everything at once
        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
        X