X

fuel woes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel woes

Ok here is the scenario, I put my D&D on about 3 days before I left for NJ and it was running fine. My bike sat for 15 days when I got on it when I got home It does not run when I have the petcock in the on position but if it is on prime it runs just fine. so I let it set for another couple weeks while I was in Wisconsin. Same thing was happening when I got home this time. its almost as if its running outta gas when its the petcock is on. so I thought that maybe I had got some bad gas and I would run some seafoam through it and get the bad gas out. didn't work. So is my petcock going bad or what and if that is the case will it hurt anything running it in the on position. Or is the D&D causing it and i need to get a jet kit?
    02' Katana 600
    D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Slip-ons don't really need to have the carbs rejetted. I would look at the vacuum line running to the petcock to make sure it is on and not cracked or split.

If that looks ok then it is a good possibility that the petcock needs to be rebuilt.

Tmod

Comment

thanks for the advice will check that asap
      02' Katana 600
      D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

found the problem thanks for the help my vacuum line was dry rotted and split all the way down the side.
        02' Katana 600

Comment

that'll do it

Comment

You shouldn't need a jet kit with after just putting an advancer and a slip on on right?
            02' Katana 600

Comment

Nope although it wouldn't hurt.

Tmod

Comment

agreed

Comment

awesome thnx
                  02' Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                  X