X

fuel and vacuum hose issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel and vacuum hose issues

I have a 1988 GSX600F KATANA, Its originally from CA. now its in Oregon all the Ca. emissions are gone canister basically all vacuum stuff. it has one fuel line going to the bottom of the #3 carb and vacuum hose to a inlet just in front of #3 carb as sitting on bike going from left to right, all other inlets are capped except one between 1&2 and one between 3&4 carb. My bike runs for about 5minutes then sputters out and wont start, whats wrong how can i fix this.

wow, bad choice on color and font type..hard to read.

No idea on your issue though, as I know nothing about the California bikes.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

If you have the original parts just plug them back in and see if it fixes the problem. If it doesn't fix it then there is something else wrong. The only difference I can tell is the needle is a different size for California. It looks in the microfiche anyway that the vacuum port for the petcock is off #4 carb, That would be the right side looking forward from the back of the bike. As long as you have the vacuum hose for the petcock hooked up and the fuel line as well, and last but not least a vent hose for the tank you should be getting fuel.

Also make sure you check that the petcock works properly and the fuel filter is not clogged.

Tmod

Comment

Sounds like a petcock problem.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I believe i have hoses right. i have fuel line going to inlet naer bottom of carb#3 looks like going to the bowl. vacuum line i put to the inlet on same carb thats located on back of carb. still bike runs for maybe a mile then sputters out and wont start, whats the deal anyone have any idea

Comment

Do you let it sit for a bit after it runs out and then it is able to restart?

Have anyway to take pictures on how things are arranged?

Tmod

Comment

yes it sits then weill do it all over again

Comment

I think steves said it best sounds like a petcock problem.

Get a kit and repair it.

Also could be you have a vacuum line in the wrong place and it is not opening up the petcock enough to flow the fuel the bike needs.

Tmod

Comment

how many hose attatchment points does your petcock have? if there is 3, you're missing a fuel line to the carbs as they'd be paired up for fuel. I think getting a Clymer, or downloading a manual (they're available here somewhere) and seeing what's seposed to be there would be appropriate.
                  99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                  1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                  '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                  Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
                  X