X

Clutch???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch???

I finally got the bike running a few days ago and took it home, i should have ajusted the clutch but it seemed fine! about half way home i could not go over 50mph and i was in 6th at 6grand. I started to smell something and knew what it was. The question i have is it hard to change out and does anyone have the stuff i need? I am looking for a clutch pack or just the disks that i need for a 1995 Kat 750. I dont know what years that will be the same as? Im not sure how hard this is going to be but i just got done rebuilding everything so it shouldnt be that much harder. Is it just under the clutch cover plate on the right side of the bike? Any tip or anything would be great! Thanks

You are correct. You can leave the bike on the side stand and pull the side cover off. A little bit of oil will come out but nothing to worry about. I can get you the stock fibers and plates from ron ayers.com. As for year fitment 89-97 are the same. You will need something to pull the fibers and plates out with. Like a dental pick.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
      You are correct. You can leave the bike on the side stand and pull the side cover off. A little bit of oil will come out but nothing to worry about. I can get you the stock fibers and plates from ron ayers.com. As for year fitment 89-97 are the same. You will need something to pull the fibers and plates out with. Like a dental pick.
      What he said. its a real easy job I can do them in under an hour. But good Idea to replace plates as well if you were slipping that whole time. and while you're at it pick up new spring bolts. its common to break old ones. so i just get a whole new set. which is like an extra 8 dollars.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seabass10369 View Post
        What he said. its a real easy job I can do them in under an hour. But good Idea to replace plates as well if you were slipping that whole time. and while you're at it pick up new spring bolts. its common to break old ones. so i just get a whole new set. which is like an extra 8 dollars.
        And for god sakes make sure you are careful tightening them
        "If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger. "
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

DO NOT torque them, they will break. The torque specs are like 8 ft-lbs, they're like nothing. Just snug them up, that it.

Comment

Yes the spring bolts will snap in a heartbeat. I did that twice on mine. Jsut snug them down and you will be good to go. Great reminder guys.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
            X