X

hey look another question by forsaken

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey look another question by forsaken

i have gotten rid of all the idle bounce, but i have a slight stumble at idle. runs great and strong but has almost a miss or stumble at idle.any ideas? should i tear into the carbs again and check the pilots?
    Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

1997 kat 600: b12 rear shock, jetted and vance and hines full exhaust.

ayup
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

i was hoping i wouldnt have to AGAIN, oh well .
      Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

Comment

sounds like maybe an air leak
        99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
        06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
        06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
        lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

i doubt that it is a air leak, cause i just fixed a vac leak that caused the idle bounce. im gonna pull the carbs again and see what happens

Comment

It's a good excuse to buy more tools.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

lol, i dont have room for any more tools right now. i have no garage so my box is in the kitchen. but then again i also park my bike in the kitchen

Comment

better than the living room. I once rebuilt a 396 for a 69 chevelle in my living room. The guy blew his motor and it was a good 10 degrees outside. I just dragged the cherry picker through the double doors and watched a football game while I worked.
                sigpic

Comment

i almost got evicted for working on a car in the parking lot so i can only work on stuff inside now. i think im gonna tear into them tonight, i have thursday off and i found a road that is 1.5 miles with 37 hairpin turns in it about 5 mins from my house!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by forsaken View Post
                    lol, i dont have room for any more tools right now. i have no garage so my box is in the kitchen. but then again i also park my bike in the kitchen
                    Get rid of stuff you don't need, like dishes and crap. That'll free up some space.
                    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

lol, i wish i could. but i think my old lady would kick my butt. i never eat at home anyway. she already complains about the bike being in her way

Comment

so i was sweeping up the kitchen last night and saw something shiny in the dust pan. it was a very tiny silver washer. i pulled it out and set it aside not thinking about it.started cleaning my pilot jets again and it hit me where i had seen a washer like that before..... on my needles above the clip. i have no idea how i lost it but im glad i found it. it is back on there now lol

Comment

Working...
                        X