X

idle backfire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle backfire

This bike was backfiring when i let off the throttle last week with a unstady idle. it was boncing about 1000 rpms. I ended up changing the vaccum lines and now my idle doesnt jump much at all (very little like 200-300 rpms) But now its backfiring at idle. i put some seafoam in just cause i was planning on making sure there was no gunk in there. but does any one have any ideas here?
    "Muck, what part of "Thou shall not" didn't you understand?" GOD

Spark plugs? One mis-firing or all burnt causing unburned fuel to backfire?
    Simple but plausible...
    It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

could be, I checked the plugs last weekend. 1 and 4 had carbon on them. 2 and 3 were clean.

Comment

Mine will sometimes rough idle and this is all I do to fix it.... BEAT the HELL out of it for a few minutes, run to redline and let off snapping it back and forth.....works every time for me
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
          Mine will sometimes rough idle and this is all I do to fix it.... BEAT the HELL out of it for a few minutes, run to redline and let off snapping it back and forth.....works every time for me
          ummmm i pass on that method

Comment

seriously, it works. Flushes the carbs out and its fun!
            Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post
              This bike was backfiring when i let off the throttle
              That's not a backfire, it's an after fire, it's caused by a lean condition.

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
              BEAT the HELL out of it for a few minutes, run to redline and let off snapping it back and forth.
              thats the dumbest thing I've heard today. Granted it works. It does the same damn thing Seafoam does, without beating the hell out of anything.
              Last edited by arsenic; 06-17-2008, 11:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                That's not a backfire, it's an after fire, it's caused by a lean condition.
                what about the back fire on the idle is that an after fire too?

Comment

"backfire"

Yes, backfires come from the carbs, afterfires come from the pipes. P.S. your avatar gives me nightmares.

Comment

I still stand by my beat the hell out of it, carbon kills.................. and its fun!
                    Last edited by kevin2502000; 06-30-2008, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X