X

96 750 katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 750 katana

its my first bike . I changed the plugs and I'm not 100% sure which plugs the wires go to . How can I find this out ? Thanks , Rich .
    96 kat 750

They should be labeled 1 2 3 4 buy the end off the wire just before it goes into the boot
    sigpic

Comment

when your sitting on the bike the left coil is 1 and 4, the short one goes to 1 the long one goes to 4. The one on the right is 2 & 3, they are about the same length, doesn't really matter

Comment

If the cables are not labeled. Imagine yourself sitting on the bike. The two spark plug cables coming from the left side (ignition coil) are for cylinders # 1 and #4. The shorter of the two cables is for the rightmost cylinder (#1) and the longest cable if or cylinder #4 (the leftmost cylinder). The boots on those cables have a round dust protector about 2 inches from the end that connects to the spark plug.
        The other two spark plug cables coming from the right side (inginition coil) are for cylinders # 3 & #2. The shortest of the cables (coming from the top of the right side ignition coil) goes to cylinder 3 and the longest (coming from the bottom of the side coil) goes to #2.

Check out this diagram if you have more questions,

1996 Suzuki Katana GSX600F
        My heart rate slows down, I begin to daydream and my eyes feel heavy when I sit in my car in traffic. None of that ever happens when I'm on my bike.

Comment

dude wtf, thats twice in two days you've said the exact same thing as me like 5 minutes I posted it

Comment

sounds good . I'm gonna hook it up that way and try it tomorrow morning . Thanks guys .
            96 kat 750

Comment

I'm a slow typist.
              1996 Suzuki Katana GSX600F
              My heart rate slows down, I begin to daydream and my eyes feel heavy when I sit in my car in traffic. None of that ever happens when I'm on my bike.

Comment

Arsenic I think you have a groupie!!!

Comment

Comment

one last dumb question . sitting on the bike the cylinders are 1234 left to right ?
                    96 kat 750

Comment

Yup.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I have them all on the right way but my bike wont idle right . It only starts with the choke on . Then after its running I go to cut the choke off and it dies . I have no idea whats wrong with it . New plugs , fresh gas and clean carbs .
                        96 kat 750

Comment

Maybe your idle is set too low.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Now it wont start . Is it possible its the wires + ignition coil ? I tested one of them and it was pretty weak looking . It barely sparked . Where is the best place to buy wires and the ignition coil ?? I also need a new air filter but im not sure where to buy all the parts . I've only owned the bike for a couple days .
                            96 kat 750

Comment

seriously, you can spend like $150 on coils if that makes you feel better, but it isn't gonna help ANYTHING. You need new plugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X