X

Idling issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idling issues

I have an 89 Katana and lately it has been giving me some idling issues, pretty much it doesn't idle. It starts fine with the choke on, but as soon as i turn the choke off it stalls out. Is there an easy adjustment I can make on the carburetors? Or if you have any other ideas it would be great.

if you can twist the throttle slightly and get it to idle fairly smooth down around 1000-1100 rpm you should be able to adjust it with the idle adjust screw found inside the big leftside faring hole. If it won't idle even with the throttle cracked slightly, or needs to be higher like 2500rpm to keep from stalling, you probably have some plugged pilot jets.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Or plugged air bleeds.

Comment

Not to jack this thread, but I am searching and havent found the answere and didnt want to make a new thread, but i have a 88 600. My bike idles well, but it holds at 2000, I have only had it for 2 weeks and am just learning really. Is 2 grand normal, or does it need to be lower than this?

Comment

Aepimp, Lower, Maybe around 13k for a 600, a 750 is around 11k
          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
          X