X

Alt. or startor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alt. or startor?

So over the past two riding seasons I have had to go through two batteries. I finally decided to run a search on here and there was a great thread about how to locate the drain on your battery. Well, I believe I found it and wanted to know what I can do from here. I have been getting my bike ready and currently I just start it up once everyday. However to keep the battery in good condition I un hook the stator seloniod and hook it back up when i want to start the bike. I traced the drain to what I believe is the Alt. As soon as I unplug the positive wire which leads to the Alt. the drain goes away. So can Alt's be rebuilt? Is it worth it? Or should I just suck it up and fork out the 300bucks for a new alt?

Thanks for the help..

dude, I have used alternators, pre or post, it'not gonna be anywhere near $300. And for the record, Katana's don't have "stators"

Comment

I would replaced it with a used unit rather than shelling out for a new one.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Ooops I thought I put this in there.. The bike is a 99 600. Does this sound like an alt problem??

Comment

if you're tester says thats the problem, thats the problem. Weather your testing correctly, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
          X