93 gsx600fp starting problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 gsx600fp starting problems

Hello,

Need some help. I have a 93 gsx600fp that has not been started in about 6 years. I picked it up for 200 bucks and it only has 5k miles on it.

I changed the plugs, oil, oil filter, cleaned the carbs, jets, etc, replaced fuel lines, t-connectors and rubber gaskets the fuel line t-connectors go in to, conditioned the tank, replaced air filter, new battery.

When I try to start it, it cranks over strong but doesn't start. I checked to make sure it has spark (put the plug on the frame) I know gas is getting to the carbs (pulled one of the two main lines coming from the tank). But I'm not sure if gas is getting to the cylinder.

I also noticed a single red wire which seems to go to the circuit breaker which is not there. I ordered the part today.

I'm wondering if I can fire it without the breaker? (push start or wire to bypass)

Also how can I check to make sure gas is getting from the carb to the cylinders?

if you pull out a plug if there is gas on it or smells like fuel then there is gas there.
    95 Katana 600 Project bike

Comment

Spray some carb cleaner in there and see if she fires up. If it does, you know you have a fuel issue, if not it is elsewhere.

Comment

What is the fix if there is not gas or gas smell on the plug?

I will check the plug this evening

Comment

You said you cleaned the carbs and replaced all the fuel lines. Did you remember to connect the vaccume line from the #4 carb, to the back of the fuel petcock?
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
            You said you cleaned the carbs and replaced all the fuel lines. Did you remember to connect the vaccume line from the #4 carb, to the back of the fuel petcock?
            Yup I did that

Comment

Working...
            X