No announcement yet.
X

GSXR cams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got just the IN cam used here and bought the 88 EX cam new from Ron Ayers. It was WAYYY less the $600

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      I got just the IN cam used here and bought the 88 EX cam new from Ron Ayers. It was WAYYY less the $600
      Aww arsenic you stabbed with the first post, then you come back a twist it. Killing me here. So tell me what you suggust, me buying some cams new or going to a salvage yard or better yet ebay. And if I put them in can I run a K&N?
      Last edited by Rok_Stars_Bars; 05-29-2008, 06:38 PM.
      sigpic
      Update Jul 11 2014
      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

yes, depending on if you want the most top end 89 EX cam (88-89 IN are the same) if you want mid range, you need an 88 EX. Ebay, good luck with that, salvage yard, never tried. If you get them new order them from Ron Ayers through HS2020.

Comment

man just when i thaught i might be done upgrading yall throw out a seemingly irisistable upgrade. so bottom line if i was to go to ron ayers and purchase these cams would i also need new chains and how much delivered to the door?

Comment

the cams are a little less then $300 before shipping I believe. HS2020 can get you his dealer price through Ron Ayers, PM him. This should not be "news" to anyone, look in the how-to forum, I've done a whole right up on this.

Comment

the cams are a little less then $300 before shipping I believe. HS2020 can get you his dealer price through Ron Ayers, PM him. This should not be "news" to anyone, look in the how-to forum, I've done a whole right up on this.
              I find, I need more midrange power. I can hang with my friends in the powerband. But I need to be in the powerband. From redlighta they are getting some links on me. So the 88 gsxr 750 cams are now on the list. Probably for a winter mod.

Also on the Roy ayer theres two microfiche you can look up for camshaft J,K and L

what the right p/n to order the cams? The L showing one disconnected some guidance please don't want to part the wrong part
              Last edited by Rok_Stars_Bars; 05-29-2008, 06:53 PM.
              sigpic
              Update Jul 11 2014
              Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Part # 12721-06B90
                1988 GSXR 750 EX cam

Part # 12711-06B90
                88-89 GSXR 750 IN cam

Comment

Part # 12721-06B90
                  1988 GSXR 750 EX cam

Part # 12711-06B90
                  88-89 GSXR 750 IN cam
                  Perfect thats what I thought i was leaning too.
                  sigpic
                  Update Jul 11 2014

Comment

Working...
                  X