X

Choke cable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke cable

I am not sure if that is the correct name or not. The cable in question is the cable on your left handle bar, which adjusts the air flow into the carbs. I went to start the bike up from winter hibernation and the cable doesn't move at all when I flick the lever.

I checked and the lever is connected to the sliding bar on the carbs. I took the cable off the carbs and the slider moves with no problems. I tested the cable and the cable will pull in but not push back out. I'm i missing anything or is this cable bad? Thank you for the help in....

If it is bad, where is a good place to order one from?

Thanks you

Bike = 1998 GSXF-600

Order one from Denniskirk.com
    You can try to spray some WD40 or something like that into the cable.
    That might loosen it up.

Comment

thank you... Will try the WD40 as well

Comment

just order a new one. i tired everything to free it up and it wouldn't budge. so if wd-40 doesn't work, just order a new one and saveurself the hassle.
        "W"

Comment

I replaced my choke and clutch cables a few weeks ago from DennisKirk. They are only $10-$15 each. Worth it for the piece of mind that they are new in my mind...
          1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
          1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

Mine was frozen after sitting all winter....used a proper cable luber (to get the lube completely through the housing) and it's a one finger pull now.

Motion Pro - High quality cables, tools and controls for motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles and personal watercraft.
            93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Well, I actually called DennisKirk and the person there told me that they dont have a choke cable for my 99 kat. So I ended up ordering it from the local Suz. dealer along with the startor generator cover and gasket all for 50bucks... Cant wait to get it so i can start riding again.....

Comment

Working...
              X