X

i love my kat, but does she love me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i love my kat, but does she love me?

ok where to start...this is my second thread on this, my previous is in the kat talk section...so before i went to work i took the tank off and the reserve selector knob fell off. looking at it i didnt see a problem so i put the tank back and and tried to put the knob on threw the fairing, i heard a noise like i moved the adjuster and then seen a leak. so i took a screw driver and tried to move it back to where it was before, only to have gas gush out. so i quickly moved it back to just a leak. i never adjusted it more then a millimeter or 2 for all this to happen, it was always in the on position with the exception of the millimeters. so i put the knob back on and left it for a bit to see if it would stop leaking. then when i tried to take the knob back off gas would start to come out and i couldnt get it to minimize enough to be able to take it back off. so i go to work get home and look at the owners manual. on page 4-3 its talking about a fuel valve and a vacuum when its started so i thought maybe i just opened something that would close by starting it, so i started it up for a second and took the knob off free and clear of any gas leak. but then i heard a noise like air was seeping in throuh it i opened the tank and it made a whoosh sound and the sound by the knob stopped. should this knob be sealed better? did i maybe lose an o ring? is it fine? looking at the set up of the valve it doesnt look like gas coming out is possible.
    Last edited by delkampg; 05-17-2008, 02:35 AM.
    99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
    06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
    06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
    lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Sounds like you might need to rebuild the petcock. Gas should come out from where the knob is. Nor should air be going in. As for the whoosh when you opened the tank.. sounds like you might have kinked the vent hose for the tank when you put the tank back on.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Pictures would help explain what you're talking about.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Working...
      X