X

Neutral Light not working?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral Light not working?

When I did the engine swap, my neutral light stopped working.

Now there is a plug right above the shifter that has a wire running from it up to the electrical, which we plugged in.

However, we had to replace the plug/wire with my Kat 600's wire/plug because the 750 did not have either :-p. No plug == Massive Oil Leak.

Is this the Neutral sensor?
    My Geeky Finance Blog.

Or could be or a bad side stand switch.
    Every now and then my neutral light will not come on in the morning. I just push the side stand switch in with my finger and it comes on.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

on the 750, there is a spring and a contact plunger in the end of teh shift drum that "indexes" onto the neutral switch. when the contact plunger hits the right spot on the neutral switch sending current from the switch thru the plunger, to ground (the motor), and the neutral light lights up. The neutral switch/plunger arrangement is the END of the circut, power is supplied up top at the neutral light. try grounding the neutral switch wire to see if the light comes on. Is the spring and plunger in place? is there a difference in spacing between the 600 and 750 switch between the contact plunger and the neutral switch? perhaps the neutral index on the switch doesnt line up with the index on the shift drum.
      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
      X