X

carb question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb question

On a 97 katana 600 the carbs have small plugs which go over the spots you would hook a vacum gauge too to do the carb syncing. I thought they would pull a vacum through those lines? One of the caps, on the #1 carb, gets launched off the carb at idle. It has the clamp on it and after 10-20 seconds at idle it hits the bottom of the gas tank.
    Do I have something seriously hooked up wrong?

LOL I was playing musical caps off the bottom of my tank as well for a bit, till I got the carbs synched. What I did to stop the caps from flying was put a tiny strip of duct tape over the top of the post, then put the cap over it. the glue in the duct tape will help hold it on. with the clamp.

Look into a synch when you get a chance.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Hah, if the plugs are too loose then they will fly off :P Had the same problem and i just replaced that plug which was problem maker. Thing is that engine tends to pop back into carbs sometimes when the engine is cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Villu_EST View Post
        Hah, if the plugs are too loose then they will fly off :P Had the same problem and i just replaced that plug which was problem maker. Thing is that engine tends to pop back into carbs sometimes when the engine is cold.
        Its not always a matter of the caps being too loose. I shot 5 Brand new caps from my stealer, He originally had two in stock, the remaining 4 (yes 4, I'll explain in a minute) from Suzuki. Reason i said four was i grabbed the two he had, cause mine popped off. Popped them off, Had him order two more and monkeyed a vac cap to hold temp, that too popped off. So I ordered two more, but he had to odrer from Suki. Waited and they finally came in. popped the first on, first trip home, it also played another note on the bottom of the tank. Replaced it with the # 2 I had on hand from my order and ordered two more the next day. Lost the # 2 two days later. Day later my replacements 3 and 4 came in.. I popped on 3 with a wire tie and it held for about 6 days before it also chimed out a note. I was abut to super glue the cap on when I thought to try the duct tape. its held. But I since got a synch. I've removed the duct tape.

BTW, I don't think you can consider a motor that ran home 17 miles at near 100 MPH most of the way as being a cold motor.
        Last edited by Newbie2it; 05-12-2008, 01:09 AM.
        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Well, yeah, could be if carbs are really out of sync. My problem was too loose plug which popped off when the engine poped back into carbs

Comment

Working...
          X