X

smells like fuel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smells like fuel

for the past 3 months i have been trying to get my kat to stop leaking fuel and for some reason i couldn't get it to stop... so i took it to a mechanic to see if he could fix it ... i paid $200 for him to fix it and it still leaked! so i took it back .... after a few days in the shop... still leaks... took it back same thing... its leaking from the sender unit seal for the fuel gauge he put tank sealer all over the damn thing and it still doesn't want to seal right....
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

If there is a kink around where the seal fits it will never stop leaking.

Have you checked for any cracks in the sender unit?
    Too old to dream, too young to reason...
    I am fond of my rough edges.
    sigpic

Comment

replace the unit with another one and see if you still have the problem. Are there any signs of rust in the tank?
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

nope no cracks in the tank, no rust in there neither. but i know the hole where the sender unit sits is a lil bent. i think im gonna buy this tank from a guy with a parts bike in sac not too far from me
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
        X