X

fuel filters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel filters

Been a member for a while but never posted. I like searching out for things because I always come across other items of interest. Anyhow, I want to add inline fuel filters to my 93 750 kat(have some rust in tank which I am going to take care of). I know which lines to use and possibly which filters just by reading the posts. I am really interested in pictures just to see how everything lays in there. Any help would be great. I love the forum with all of the topics. It has helped a bunch!
    Always keep your head up

Russ

I dont have pictures, But if your planning on using filters on a Pre... Be forwarned.... Unless you can cut them in where they remain vertical when everythings in place. You might have a fuel starvation issue. Find the smallest diameter filter you can and get them as close to the inlets to the carbs as possible. Between the airbox and carbs basically. If they are laying over anymore then than near vertical and it might never burp the air out of the filter. (Personal experience)

I never found a set small enough in profile to fit right between the boots to allow it to burp. I just removed mine, But I dont have a rust Issue.

Why dont you consider trying to fix the rust problem in the tank with a Por-15 kit? Use the Yamaha tank cleaner kit if you descide to fix it.

BTW, I have a 93 750 Its how I speak from experience.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am going to work on the rust problem today. I stripped my bike down last november for repaint. The tank had a little surface rust in it but more now from setting so long. I have found a small filter about as big around as a half dollar I might get it to set vertical. If I get the rust out I don't think I will put the filters on. Thanks for the reply.
      Always keep your head up

Russ

Comment

I had inline filters on my 93 600f kat, always I had problems with idle, high end, fuel starvation, so I decided to remove the filters and now she runs like never before! Ill rather have to clean my carbs every 6 months than to have my bike run like crap for 1 year! Also Katanas come from factory with no inline filters, go figure....

Comment

Working...
        X