X

plugs keep fouling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plugs keep fouling

i have a 2006 kat 600. last year when i took it out of storage the plugs had been fouled! This year it started fine a half dozen times without riding, and then when i finally went to take it out yesterday, it wouldnt start! I pushed around the corner to the shop i deal with and they told me the plugs were fouled again! Why is this , or what might it be?

Look at the following link. Compare your plugs to those in the picture. This will give you a much better idea of whats going on. Do you have any other information such the smell of unburned gas in the exhaust?

Comment

as bright wire said, it's very hard to determine the problem if you don't have picts of what we're dealing with. May be to lean, to rich, etc...
      -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

Originally posted by jetta777 View Post
        i have a 2006 kat 600. last year when i took it out of storage the plugs had been fouled! This year it started fine a half dozen times without riding, and then when i finally went to take it out yesterday, it wouldnt start! I pushed around the corner to the shop i deal with and they told me the plugs were fouled again! Why is this , or what might it be?
        Well part of the problem it's been in storage..so the gas in it is probably old, and the carbs probably could do with a clean up.

Second, when you start it (I'm assuming you used the choke to start it) and then don't ride it, it never gets up to RPM / temp so that it can burn the excess fuel off the plugs.

Replace the plugs.

Ride it.

Trust me on this, these engines will foul plugs in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
        X