X

New Head Gasket Time... WTF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Head Gasket Time... WTF?

K so I noticed the bike leaking oil, and while I was out just a few minutes ago ridin, I went by the closest shop to my house and got the guy to eye ball it, he gets his mirror, and trusty flash light, to look at and imform me that my head gasket is leaking oil, and showed me exactly where.

. He said he could probably get a gasket.

Does anyone have a round about idea on a price, of a set, or where i should go about looking for one. I am planning on doing it myself. Ive been workin on engines since I was 12, and feel confident In doing the repair. Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

You are postive its the head gasket? If so, I know a complete engine kit for my GS650 ran about 100$. So I would say around there. Look on bikebandit.com, they should have it.
    2 bikes

'82 GS650G
    '94 Katana 600

Comment

well what year is your bike? That may help a tad. If it is a 94 600, good luck with that. Parts411 has 1 for like $270.

Comment

A head gasket is about $35 from ron ayers.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

yeah, not a complete kit, but Steve is right, a head gasket is rather cheap.

Comment

I havent looked at my manual yet... But does the motor have to come out of the frame to get the head off? and what all gaskets am I looking at? Head gasket I know... Valve Cover? Im pretty sure... anything else?

Comment

head gasket is all you need. No the engine doesn't HAVE to come out of the frame. It's like 100x's easier

Comment

Thanks arsenic!

Comment

no problem

Comment

Working...
                  X