X

Quick blinker question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick blinker question

I'm putting the fairings back onto my brother's '97 Katana and the right front blinker has 3 wires (red, black, and black/white). The bike has two pairs of leads brown, black/white and red, black/white. Which wires do I connect? I tried it a few ways and it would only turn on constantly instead of flashing.
    '00 TT600
    '97 Katana 600 (bro's)
    '87 Grand National (car)

I'm not sure about the colors for a '97, but generally, a right turn signal should be on a green and black/white. the extra wire FROM the light is for a dual filiment bulb for running lights. you want the black and black/white, cover the red so it doesnt ground out. Brown is generally the tail light, always on when the ignition is on, or in park.

if it dont work with black and black/white on the signal, check the bulb
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Unless the 97 is different then the 96 DL is right.. They should be black and black/white

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
        Unless the 97 is different then the 96 DL is right.. They should be black and black/white

::buys new helmet due to swelled head::

on the wiring harness, black and black/white is generally the left turn signal circut. seems as tho all turn signals themselves come with black, black/white (and red if it's dual filiment).
        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
          I'm not sure about the colors for a '97, but generally, a right turn signal should be on a green and black/white. the extra wire FROM the light is for a dual filiment bulb for running lights. you want the black and black/white, cover the red so it doesnt ground out. Brown is generally the tail light, always on when the ignition is on, or in park.

if it dont work with black and black/white on the signal, check the bulb

Good call. Turns out the wire had pulled out of the connector but the insulation was still in tact. Broke out the multimeter, tested a few things, reconnected and disconnected the connectors and eventually the insulation broke and I saw a bunch of bare wire and figured it out. Anyway, thanks a lot.
          '00 TT600
          '97 Katana 600 (bro's)
          '87 Grand National (car)

Comment

As the Great Andrew Martin used to say, One is glad to be of service

Comment

Working...
            X