X

Oil Cooler Swap Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Cooler Swap Question

it seems i have not a Katana oil cooler on my bike, but the cooler from an oil cooled GSXR. it is shorter from top to bottom yet longer from side to side than the oil coolers off Kats. it doesn't sit in the lower mounting tabs but seems steady enough

does anyone see a problem with this? it has been doing it's job fine for over a year so i doubt i will change it out any time soon, if not
    1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Oil temp gauge anyone ? Maybe not a bad idea ...... but if it ain't overheated by now ....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

hey, welcome back!

i wouldn't say it is smaller, just different. my fear is that it would run too cool for it's own good, as it might have been meant to cool a larger engine

it might make it harder to run when i take it snowboarding
      1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by catfish View Post
        hey, welcome back!
        my fear is that it would run too cool for it's own good
        Not EVER going to happen. You could put an oil cooler the size of your front door on there and it still wouldn't run "too cool". You have nothing to worry about
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

awesome, thanks reconstyle

Originally posted by reconstyle View Post
          Not EVER going to happen. You could put an oil cooler the size of your front door on there and it still wouldn't run "too cool". You have nothing to worry about
          that's the best idea i've heard yet. i am sick of bugs smearing my visor :mrgreen:
          1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

No worries other then if its rubbing agianst something that might, over time, wear a hole into it. Besides, a oil cooler in front like a door would be neat.. Could ride in the winter with all that warmth coming off it and do some real boarding when the conditions are good., But I suppose it would suck trying to look thru all the v's and upside down v's in a turn. Talk about blinders for the horse LOL
            If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
            Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

hey, welcome back!
              Not reallt "back" just yet . I can scam pc time at work if I'm done early enough for just a couple minutes . Still no connection at home .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

you could try carrier pigeons. they are probably faster then 56k dialup
                1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

the oil cooler is actually about the same size. i have the same one on my bike and it works fine. you can bend the tabs up to fit in the bottom of the oil cooler but it is not really needed
                  your suzuki qualified tech

flinstone little block mod

Comment

Originally posted by crazyboy68 View Post
                    the oil cooler is actually about the same size. i have the same one on my bike and it works fine. you can bend the tabs up to fit in the bottom of the oil cooler but it is not really needed
                    it does it's job, apparently. i am cool with it. thanks
                    1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Yay, the Keeble Elfs back sonewhat... Hiya MD, Yeah, shake off the snow, it was 82 here in RI today.
                      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I changed the original oil cooler of my 93 600f kat to a 750 oil cooler that is larger, and it helped my kat run cooler, easy swap, works great!

Comment

i am cool with it.
                          haha, nice!
                          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                          18v Rigid Drill
                          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Working...
                          X