X

Lean???????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lean???????

Ok, so i got my scorpion pipe awhile ago. Now we all know (or atleast 'we' should know) that all bikes come off the assembly line tuned lean for the EPA bs regulation standards.

Well me putting my scorpion on just kinda pushed it to be too lean. That in a combination with needing a valve adj/carb sync is makin my girl run like donkey crap.

Im going to my mechanic to have everything fixed...but thats NOT the point of this thread... I have a big question.

Ever scince i put that pipe on ive been having a power problem. When i grab a full handfull of throttle my rpm go up, like normal...but then when it gets to like 9000rpm it just redlines like i pulled in the clutch. A complete loss of power to my rear wheel and the engine keeps raceing. Ive been told this could be a flat spot due to my fuel mixture being too lean, but I wanted to make sure that was the problem

Ive also noticed that it happens more often when I take passengers. Im worried that it could be the clutch slipping, but im hoping its the lean fuel mixture as stated before...

can anyone guide me in the right direction so i know whats going on????

thanks

My bike was just doing the same thing. Adjust your clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SikKat View Post
      My bike was just doing the same thing. Adjust your clutch.
      how do i do that

Comment

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
        mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64698 Clutch

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64698 Clutch Adjustment 101 LOL
        Last edited by Newbie2it; 04-23-2008, 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Good info!
          96 Katana 600
          97 4 door Blazer LT
          03 Honda Pilot EXL
          sigpic

Comment

If adjusting doesn't help, you will need a new clutch, or not go over 9K.

Comment

LOL I dont know how I got my previous post to stutter the same link three times like that. I know I didnt post the same link three times. But its all good, Leads to the right place anyhow.
              If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
              Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
                LOL I dont know how I got my previous post to stutter the same link three times like that. I know I didnt post the same link three times. But its all good, Leads to the right place anyhow.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

ok so its a clutch adjustment then, not because its lean... sounds reasonable... just another damn thing on the list lol

Comment

Working...
                  X