Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I did the 1 dollar overhaul on front forks and....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did the 1 dollar overhaul on front forks and....

I did added the washers to add 1/4 inch and changed the fork oil to 15 grade, when I went out to ride the bike for the first time it felt like the front tire was low on air, but I checked and that was ok, it also feels when Im going to turn more stiff and a little harder to make turns, is this a normal side effect? Thanks Harry

adding 1/4" of washers is NOT how you do that. Buy 1" diameter PVC and make a 8.5" spacer, done!

Comment

I had thought there were some people to add a nut or washers or a 1" PVC piece in there with good results? Whats the diff?
      1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
      1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

MMMM, Guess Ill go to the hardware store and get the 1 inch PVC! If I do it like that it will affect the handling of the bike as it is happening now?

Comment

honestly, I've never done it that way. With the PVC, I know it just stiffens up the ride, you don't bottom out.

Comment

of course take out the stock spacer............

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
              of course take out the stock spacer............
              LOL Trying to envision someones facial expressions on this when they are trying to put the PVC in on top of the OEM part Seeing their head spin would be very comical indeed LOL
              If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
              Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
              X