No announcement yet.
X

Front wheel bearings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've checked about 30 different manufacturers websites, all of them if they make bearings close, are making them in those 3 sizes I mentioned above. I'm thinking getting a custom bearing is not even practical price wise.

At this point, I'm definately thinking it will be easier to just make a sleave 42X47X13 and a "washer" type spacer to go behind that 40X47X1. Those should be fairly easy to make economically, and then keep with the Kat bearing.

Insert spacer then insert sleave and I'll have a slot left that will be just right for a good fit of the regular Kat bearing in the GSXR wheel.

I'm liking this idea much better than putting a sleave on the axle for now. Fitted correctly, they should not move at all and the kat bearings would work as normal.

Krey
    Last edited by Kreylyn; 01-01-2009, 01:10 AM.
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i got a friend that owns CNC machine shop, and he knows a place that sells all kinds of bearings sizes... really... ill ask him tomorrow about that size
      97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
      94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

Cool, looking forward to the response on that.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i emailed my buddy and i am waiting on his response so i can let you know for certain

worst case scenario you could always buy on mcmaster.com a set of 17x47x14 bearings and just have a sleeve machined for your axle

Comment

I think I would rather sleeve the rim than the axle, and use the Kat bearings if I go that way. Looking at a full set of katana bearings shipped for $26.51. Mixing and matching will end up being problematic later on down the road I think.

This way a simple switch of the wheel can put it back stock if I need. (Keeping a swingarm as well for my rear wheel adjustments... )
            93 750 Kat

Comment

ok i got an answer back

my buddy always buys bearings from the following place

Bearings Direct has the highest quality ball bearings, roller bearings, linear bearings, and mounted bearings. Check out our catalog of bearings. All of which are available here at your online bearing wholesaler and supplier Bearings Direct!

search for part number B15-86DU

they are $8.59 ea

Comment

You sir, are the bomb.

I'll be ordering a pair of those with in the week.

Looking forward to swaping in the front wheel now... I really did want to go sleeveless...

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                X