X

No Noise From My Kat!!! Sad Man!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Noise From My Kat!!! Sad Man!!

could ya'll help me a little more in understanding HOW to jump start the starter with a screw driver? So Far i've replaced the Starter Selenoid, the Starter switch, the CDI unti (just cuz i found one for $30) and checked the side stand switch and all the fuses but my bike is still sitting there like a stubborn ex-girlfriend refusing a "one last time" session lol. I'm attempting to start the starter with a screwdriver and an attempt to test whether its working at all or not. I'll gladly replace it. They are on ebay for well under $50. I'm SOOO Lost ya'll. BUT!! on a good note while the bike is down i've been painting and tuning up like CRAZY! i'll post pics soon. But i cant go on with my tune up with a clear mind Knowing the bike is still TOTALLY unresponsive to the START BUTTON. I Press it and NOTHING!! ZILCH!! This problem came over night about a month ago.
    I like'em naked!!

Originally posted by SoGone12 View Post
    I'm SOOO Lost ya'll.
    All right, Britney, fess up. We know it's you. Your name (SoGone) gives you away!

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
      All right, Britney, fess up. We know it's you. Your name (SoGone) gives you away!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

dead battery? you should check it
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny.

But on the real i've checked the battery and its good..plus its prett ynew...maybe 3 months old

Anyone know how to start the starter with a screw driver....i've heard this a lot but never HOW
          Last edited by SoGone12; 04-17-2008, 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          I like'em naked!!

Comment

check your switches before u replace anything else. engine stop switch orange/black and orange/white. starter button orange/white and yellow/green. they use the same orange/white.clutch switch is two yellow/greens. follow the wires from the switches to the first connecor clean and make sure they have good contact. if u have a electrical meter i can tell u how to test them.

to start the starter you need to jump the two large screws at your main fuse. use a large piece of speaker wire or a screw driver
            Last edited by crazyboy68; 04-17-2008, 12:34 PM.
            your suzuki qualified tech

flinstone little block mod

Comment

THanks Crazyboy. I DO have a Digital Multimeter. I'm sure it'll work just fine. What do i do to run some test? and By jumping the starter at the two large screws at the main fuse do you mean the MAIN fuse on the fuse box (located over the rear wheel on the right side of the bike)? I know the starter itself has two wires going to it.
              Last edited by SoGone12; 04-17-2008, 01:15 PM.
              I like'em naked!!

Comment

Comment

Peter answered this exact question in your other post http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...30#post1449830

I was at work, but his explanation is dead on. Thanks agian BP.
                  If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                  Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

thank ya'll for all the help! after a month of playing around and waisting money lol Come to find ut the culpret the WHOLE TIME was the clutch sensor located right UNDER the clutch lever. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll its running like a champ now and starts right up everytime. I'll start puttung my newly painted fairrings on now!. Thanks for the help and i hope this thread helps someone out in the future!!
                    I like'em naked!!

Comment

Working...
                    X