X

backfiring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backfiring

Hello all. I didn't know if anyone had any thoughts of why i get a little backfire and the rpms like to jump 500 -1000 at a time. I'm guessing an air leak. I took the pipe off and it still does it. She is a 89 600. Have a kn airfilter and 4 to 1 exhaust. There is a jet kit but i couldn't tell you who made it. it has 117s for the jets. Any help would be wonderful.

Those are afterfires, not backfires...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

any way to fix them

Comment

adjust your a/f screws, you might be running a tad lean.
        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I have a 2000 kat 600..And it 's doing the same thing...It won't turn over though..I just got it back for the bike shop yesterday..Me and buddy spent some time putting it back together.Couldn't start it because the battery they put in wasn't fully charged ..I seen the mechanic turn the bike on and everything was fine..He had an iv to the carb though ..he didn't use the tank gas..He told me to dispose of it because it been in there for a while.we did that,charged the battery and now I'm getting that after fire..Any help would be gladly appreciated..Sorry for the long post but thought i should explain in detail..

Comment

Working...
          X