X

kat died ugh... spark issue?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kat died ugh... spark issue?

So after my noob issue with the kick stand the other night I managed to get the bike out last night and drove up to my parents house about a couple kms up the road. hit a couple rough patches of road and it started running a little rough. pulled into my parent's driveway and she stalled out. couldn't get it to start without having the throttle open. choke did nothing but with the throttle open it would run but very rough ( backfired) then as I let off the throttle she died. then wasn't able to get any power which wound up being a loose ground wire on the battery. after getting that straightened up tried to start it and nothing. it would turn over and sputter a couple times then nothing. if I let it sit for a while and try again it'll sputter a few more times then nothing. tonight we took the plugs out and cleaned them (they look new but it had flooded so think they were a little fouled) checked them all and they all had spark. still same thing. try to start it and it'll sputter a little if I let it sit then nothing. at one point it actully caught and ran for a second then died. thinkin maybe dirt in the carbs or bad spark? one of the plugs did seem to be a little weaker than the rest. the carbs were synced just before I got the bike and it ran perfectly fine since I've had it and for about the first km of the ride.
    any help would be appreciated

my guess is your main jets got some dirt in them.

Comment

What he said! It's going to be a little bit till you work the gremlins out of your bike. Just be patient...
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

or your filter is plugged, maby knocked some rust er something loose when you were on the bumpy rd?
        sigpicMy Kat Barks Like A Dog!boof boof.

Comment

yea like I say I got the thing for $900 so I' expecting some.

well maybe tomorrow after work I'll yank the carb out and clean her up
          Last edited by gsxblaze; 04-15-2008, 08:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

turned out was just the plugs
            changed them and she started and ran a-1

Comment

What did the old plugs look like? There could be solid indicators there of other things that are happening such as a rich or lean condition. The new plugs will just get fouled again in a few days if those conditions still exist.

Comment

well the plugs were supposively brand new when I bought the bike, and when I took them out they looked new but the tips were completely black. but it's been bout 2 weeks or so now and she runs a-1 so far so dunno. maybe the buddy cracked the porcelain in em by mistake.

Comment

Black tips? Baked on? That would be a lean condition and that means it will happen to the new ones eventually as well. Clean the carbs.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X