No announcement yet.
X

general steering/headbearing question?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general steering/headbearing question?

could warped discs whith the constant "juddering" keep loosening steering bearings?

i'll go out on a limb and say no not very fast if it's tighten correctly,but you need to give us more info.

Comment

nothing realy more to add!. i have replaced the bearings on my bike only a few thousand miles ago.

i have known the rotors/discs are warped but withing tolerance (untill the recent test! ) but the bearings are knocking already?...

just wondering if the new discs will cure this happenening?

Comment

If the head bearing nut is loosing up, then that must be one hell of a warped disk!! Especially after only a few K. Sounds like something else is going on also. New disks would definately help, If alone in the Saftey factor. I'd also double check the bearing nut, Make sure its not somehow cracked in half.
        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

i thought of one thing,stop doing wheelies

Comment

i wish

ordered discs!...will see if that works?

Comment

If they were new bearings, sometimes they need to seat in. I have had them loosen up alittle on cars after they run in. Try retorquing them and see what you get then.

Comment

Working...
              X